After a two-day hiatus on the 18th and 19th, the Repro Roundup continues! This was a busy week for abortion news, despite the fact that I refuse to give more airtime to the Barrett confirmation process or this administration’s antics. One of the intentions of these Roundups is to cover news that doesn’t get wide attention. So while there may be repro news dominating the news cycle, there is repro news getting pushed to the side. That’s the news I want to cover. Here’s what I covered this week:
Did you know that you can help me grow my audience on Medium by clapping, highlighting, and commenting on my posts?
- 10/25: Planned Parenthood reopens tomorrow in Lubbock, Texas as citizens try to make it a “sanctuary city”
- 10/24: Iowa judge blocks 24-hour waiting period one day before it goes into effect
- 10/23: Mississippi AG asks SCOTUS to review its 15-week abortion ban, a case that could overturn Roe
- 10/22: Abortion providers in PA sue state’s DHS for prohibiting the use of Medicaid funds on abortion costs
- 10/21: Two-thirds of women actively use contraception, study finds
- 10/20: New study finds that women giving birth in states with fewer abortion restrictions have better outcomes
- 10/20: Man accused of setting fire to a Planned Parenthood in Florida is charged
The Repro Roundup is my column in which I summarize abortion news happening around the country, why it matters, and what you can do about it — in 250 words or less.
Buy me a coffee?
By donating $3, you’re doing so much more than simply keeping me caffeinated, you’re keeping this website and the work I do going! Thank you so much!