Yesterday, I ha ve the pleasure of taking over Lilith Magazine’s Instagram story for one day of the holiday of Sukkot. I walked through my life as a Jewish-feminist writer and activist in D.C.
Part way through the day, I got a lovely message from a Jewish nurse-midwife who runs an independent abortion clinic and is looking for resources for her staff about Judaism and abortion to better serve her patients. She plans on doing the same for more faiths in the future!
I, of course, was thrilled to send her the resources I could think of and put them here in one place for any one else who may be interested in what Judaism says about abortion! Some I created and some were deeply influential for me.
- Tekhine for Planned Parenthood by Ariana Katz for Ritualwell
- More about what a tekhine is here
- The Jewish Response to Abortion by me for Alma
- Ritual for Abortion by Deborah Eisenbach-Budner with Rabbi Susan Schnur for Ritualwell
- This was very influential for me, I highly recommend reading the full PDF at the bottom
- The Torah of Reproductive Justice by Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg for Sefaria
- Abortion and Jewish Values Toolkit by the National Council of Jewish Women
Read more about my abortion-related work here.
Buy me a coffee?
By donating $3, you're doing so much more than simply keeping me caffeinated, you're keeping this website and the work I do going! Thank you so much!