It’s been quite the year. Well, it’s also been quite the decade. In the last 10 years I:
- Started high school
- Got my driver’s license
- Finished high school
- Started college
- Did the most work in 4.5 years than I think I will do for the rest of my life
- Finished college
- Made a ton of unbelievable memories.
I’m starting the next chapter of my life this decade. I’m hoping it will be a good one. I don’t personally believe in New Year’s Resolutions but I have some broad goals I’d like to explore in the next decade:
- Get a job (a full-time, paying, job for real)
- Travel more–there’s so much of this world I haven’t seen. Next up on my list is Madrid in March.
- Read for pleasure. The last four years have totally dictated what (and when) I can read. I have stacks of books I haven’t read.
- Write! I have barely written anything this last semester and I want to start pitching around again. I love the thrill of a deadline, the editing process, and seeing my work up.
- Generally, hustle some more.
For the first time in my life, I don’t have any work to do. No obligations, no deadlines, nothing pressing. Part of me feels freer. But the bigger part of me is restless. I want to do good work. I want to do meaningful work. I feel like the last four years I have been climbing this enormous mountain but I can’t see what the view is like yet at the summit.
So, here’s to waiting for the clouds to clear and the work to begin.
Happy New Year